If you are looking to sell an affiliate product with WooCommerce, you have reached the right place.
In this article, we will go through how we can add an affiliate product in WooCommerce.
We won’t be using any separate plugin for this. As WooCommerce allow users to add any external or affiliate product, they want to sell on their WooCommerce store.
Modify the Product Type
When you go to Products -> Add New tab under WooCommerce, you will find below Product Data section having Simple Product value in dropdown.
Modify the value from Simple Product to External/Affiliate Product in the dropdown.
Adding Affiliate product details
Now, you are ready to add an affiliate product details into your WooCommerce store.
Let’s add affiliate product details,
- Product URL – Product URL is the most important detail of an affiliate product. Here, you must add your affiliate link of the product. This will be added to your WooCommerce store automatically.
- Button Text – This text would appear on the WooCommerce Product Buy button. I have kept it “Buy on Amazon” as shown in below image.
- Regular Price – This is the actual price of the product.
- Sale Price – Sale price is optional, it is used to add any sale price or discounted price.
- Tax Status – Choose “None” as we are adding an affiliate product which will take user on the affiliate site.
- Tax Class – Choose “Zero Rate”
Whenever you add an external or affiliate product, the affiliate link will open in the same browser tab which will take the user away from your website and isn’t good for Search Engine Optimization.
I would suggest you use this plugin in order to open all affiliate products into the new browser tab.